Hsin-Mon Maureen Lu
TECHNICAL SKILLS / SOFTWARE
|Texturing / Painting
||Lighting / Rendering
The Mill – Chicago
3D Artist, April 2014 – Present
- Chevy Bolt, GMC Denali – Optimize high-res scanned models; create UV layouts and procedural shaders; paint textures; and work on lookdev and lighting for the exterior and interior car models.
- ComEd, McDonald’s Character and Interface Environment textures and look development – Work alongside creative designers, understanding their idea, and realizing their 2D visions into 3D scenes.
- Babybel, Nexium – Create a CG replica of real products, starting from modeling and texturing to lighting and rendering.
- GEICO, America’s Best, Xbox one, Call of duty – Analyze real animals’ and robot’s texture details, and create a flexible layered textures to quickly implement CG supervisors’ and creative directors’ creative decisions.
- LG – Create hard surface models to be used in effects shots, lookdev Jason Statham’s head, and finalize lighting and rendering to be used in comp.
- Asset library – Build an asset library of generic model, texture, shader and lighting assets to be repurposed on other projects, while making sure the integrity of each asset.
Wens WJ, Inc. – Long Beach, CA
Freelance Texture and LookDev Artist, April 2013 – March 2014
- Responsible for environment texturing, lookdev, and lighting for a music video project.
Sony Online Entertainment (SOGA Interactive Co., Ltd) – Taiwan
3D Artist, 2008 – 2010
- Kung Fu Hustle (video game) – Create models and stylized textures for game environment, as well as develop in-game effects animations; work with team leads testing the game and analyzing bugs; attend communications, marketing, and engineering staff meetings to coordinate the schedule.
Miralab (USC student project) – Los Angeles, CA
Freelance 3D Modeler and Texture Artist, 2012-2013
- Create low-poly models and stylized textures for a PC 3D puzzle game in Unity.
Svengali FX – Los Angeles, CA
3D Intern, 2012
- After Earth – Create hard surface models and high-res textures.
Gnomon School of Visual Effects – Los Angeles, USA
- Digital Production for Entertainment, 3D Generalist Track, January 2011 – January 2013
Hsuan Chuang University – Hsinchu City, Taiwan
- Bachelors of Fine Arts in Visual Communication Design, September 2004 – June 2008
- Fluent in English, Chinese, Japanese